This Tasty And Wholesome Breakfast Will Be The Best Start To Your Day!
Eggs are such a great nutrient-rich and protein packed way to start the day. Here’s a super tasty and filling alternative to an omelette oozing with Mexican flavours from FoodSteez.com. This would make a great breakfast to fill up the family’s tummies before a weekend sports day or active outdoor outing!
For a vegetarian alternative you could simply omit the chorizo and replace with spicy Mexican beans, or even some chopped and fried Portobello mushrooms.
Topped with delicious guacamole and salsa, this breakfast burrito will wake up your taste buds and keep you satisfied till lunch!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spinach tortilla
- 3 farm fresh organic eggs
- 1/3 lb chorizo, casing removed
- 4 medium sized red potatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- First we will start with the salsa and guacamole. For the salsa, go ahead and dice up both tomatoes, 1/4 white onion, minced cilantro, and juice from 1 lime. Combine them all in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the guacamole grab your two avocados and remove both pit and shell. Grab a fork and mash up the avocado in a small bowl until it’s at a chunky consistency. Then add 1/2 of the previously prepared salsa, minced cilantro and a dash of lime juice. Top it off with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now that we have the salsa and guacamole out of the way we can start cooking the potatoes. Peel 4 potatoes then proceed to chop into semi thin slices. Cut 1/2 cup of your remaining white onion and chop into semi thin long slices. Place your medium saucepan on medium-heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, potatoes and onion. Mince one clove of garlic and to the saucepan. Cook until golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking we will move on to the eggs and chorizo. Grab another medium sauce pan and add 1 tbsp olive oil, heat to medium heat. Once hot, add your chorizo, crumbling it with a wooden spoon. Chorizo takes about 5 minutes to cook so make sure you have your three eggs ready. Once browned, crack three eggs directly into the chorizo, stirring frequently. Once the eggs and chorizo are almost ready, add your shredded pepper jack cheese and allow for 1-2 minutes to melt in. Heat up your tortilla in the microwave or oven (at 350 Degrees) for 45 seconds or until slightly warm. Start by adding the eggs/chorizo mixture, then crispy brown potatoes and top it off with your salsa/guac to taste.
Recipe & Image Source: FoodSteez.com