Tis The Season Of Pumpkins And This Is A Treat Worth Celebrating
Here’s another genius way of getting vegetables into a sweet treat – Pumpkin and Coconut fudge! Brilliant! Perfect for the Halloween holiday – with a little extra creativity or Halloween-themed moulds or cookie cutters you could make a really yummy but healthy treat for the little ghouls who knock at your door. However be warned, they are pretty yummy – you may be reluctant to give them away! (Better make an extra batch!).
They are also vegan, gluten free and grain free. It is worth noting that the consistency of these is a little softer than other fudge recipes but they still ‘melt in your mouth’.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh both work)
- 3/4 cup coconut butter or coconut manna
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- In a saucepan, on med heat, mix all the ingredients together and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into lined muffin pans. This recipe used standard size (which made 6), but mini muffin pans would work great too.
- Put them in the fridge for a few hours to fully set.
- Should last a couple weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!
Source: My Wholefood Life