A delicious 100% nutritious snack ready in no time!
The thing that caught my eye with this beautiful recipe, apart from its healthy clean ingredient list, was the colour!
There are many, many ‘ball’ recipes out there….but few that take on a beautiful colour. Thanks to the blueberries, this nutrient-packed, easy-to-make snack is a beautiful indigo/purple colour. It can make a nice change from the usual hues of brown its nut/seed/date-dominant counterparts!
Blueberries also give this treat an antioxidant injection that will nourish your body as well as the senses! Due to their high antioxidant content blueberries can protect against DNA damage, a leading driver of aging and cancer.
And if you want to colour match your Blueberry Bites with a beautiful purple beverage, check out our Lavender Lemonade recipe!
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)
- zest of one lemon
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1 and 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- extra desiccated coconut to roll in
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and easily sticking together.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in coconut until well covered.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Source: Wholefood Simply