Add This Delicious, Family Friendly 30-Minute Meal To Your Weeknight Menu
This dish is a personal favourite here at Clean Food Now. The wonderful Greek flavours of lemon, olives, tomatoes and basil will fill your kitchen with aromas that will be the envy of your street! And the colours are so vibrant – it just looks so delicious and healthy!
Simple to prepare and just 30 minutes in the oven, you will be graced with a healthy and flavourful dish with only one dish to wash up afterwards. We have made this dish with chicken drumsticks (pictured above) as well as thigh cutlets – both work well. And we always garnish with soft goats cheese (yum!).
- 8 small (250g each) chicken thigh cutlets (skin on), trimmed
- 300g red rascal potatoes, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium lemons
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Arrange potato, onion, capsicum and garlic around chicken. Pour over stock. Finely grate 1 lemon. Reserve grated lemon rind. Juice grated lemon. Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Add lemon juice and wedges to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Reduce temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are just starting to collapse.
- Combine parsley, basil and reserved grated lemon rind in a dish. Sprinkle over chicken mixture. Serve.
Tip: For extra flavour, serve with crumbled feta cheese.