Eating a dairy-free diet and missing cream cheese? Not any more!
This delicious, smooth and creamy textured vegan alternative is just as delicious and super nutritious. Made with cashews and flavoured with herbs it is a great ‘base’ recipe that lends itself to experimentation.
Other herb combinations (dried or fresh) can be used and you can craft the end result into a cheese ball or spread like a dip by experimenting with the consistency.
The rich healthy fat content of the cashews means a lovely creamy texture along with all the health benefits of fat soluble vitamin E .
Delicious Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 2 cups of organic cashews*
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice; fresh is preferred but organic bottled lemon juice is acceptable
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- *if using raw cashews, soak for 2-4 hours in filtered water
- Place all ingredients into blender or food processor.
- Blend until desired consistency is achieved.