Another Delicious Way To Use Kombucha Tea!
We recently shared the amazing health benefits of the probiotic-rich fermented tea, Kombucha and a recipe for how to make your own.
Now we want to share with you some delicious ways to use it! You don’t just have to drink it, although it can be made into delicious and refreshing beverages by simply flavouring it with your favorite fruit and herbs/spices.
In this creative recipe, it is used as the main component for the jelly that goes into these delicious Turkish Delights. Imagine, a Turkish Delight that is actually good for you and not loaded with heaps of sugar!
Rosewater is an important ingredient in the flavoring for these, and if you’re not sure what else you could use it for, we highly recommend this beautiful Chia Pudding recipe or this delicious Pistachio Torte with Raspberry Coulis!
Turkish Delight Kombucha Jellies
- 2 tbsp gelatine (I used Great Lakes brand)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cups kombucha (I used homemade strawberry kombucha)
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 3/4 cup cacao butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (reduce this amount if you don't like your chocolate as bitter as I do!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the kombucha and then gradually pour in the gelatine liquid as you whisk the mixture together. Whisk in the rosewater.
- Pour the jelly mixture into a square cake tin lined with baking paper. Allow to set in the fridge.
- Make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter and coconut oil on a low heat, while stirring. Whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly while you take the jelly out of the fridge and cut it into 16 squares.
- Dip the jelly squares, one by one, into the chocolate, and then put them onto a large tray lined with baking paper. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Source: Additive Free Bites