They Won’t Just Eat Their Greens…They’ll Be Begging For More!
Have you got a picky eater at home? Do you struggle to get your little ones (and sometimes big ones!) to eat their vegies? It’s a common lament of parenthood. But fortunately you can benefit from the determination of another mum fighting the same battle!
Ciara at My Fussy Eater has created a Pea and Spinach Popsicle that looks (and according to her daughter) tastes amazing! Hiding vegies in fun foods like popsicles is a great idea! And of course you would never call them “pea and spinach popsicles” or they’ll melt from neglect! Give them a fun name like “Shreksicles” or “Teenage Mutant Ninja Popsicles” – you get the idea!
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup water
- optional: honey / maple syrup
- 4 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into a popsicle mould, add a wooden stick and freezer for 6 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
- Remove the popsicles from the molds and dip each into the Greek yogurt before laying flat on a tray or plate. Sprinkle with chia seeds and place the plate or tray into the freezer for 5 minutes or until the yogurt hardens and makes a shell.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the freezer for 2 to 3 weeks.
Recipe & Image: My Fussy Eater