A Healthy Homemade Lemonade To Calm The Nerves
Lavender is best known as a calming and relaxing herb and has frequently been used for insomnia, anxiety, depression, and natural stress relief.
However lavender has been used throughout history for many other ailments such as skin disorders, digestive complaints, pain relief, and to prevent and treat infections. In fact scientists are starting to research further the effects of lavender on the body and have discovered that lavender also has anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. (Read more about the health benefits of lavender at Body Ecology)
This gorgeous recipe for Lavender Lemonade from Healthy Food House, is not only therapeutic but looks and smells just divine!
DIY Lavender Lemonade with Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups pure water
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced approx.
- 1 Tbsp dried, organic culinary lavender (optional one drop of pure essential lavender oil)
- Pour 1/2 the water in a pan, let it boil and then get it away from the heat
- Include the honey and dried lavender and let it steep for more or less 20 minutes.
- Strain the blend and fill a bigger container.
- Include lemon juice and the remaining water. Blend well
Recipe & Featured Image Source: Healthy Food House