You Won’t Believe How Nutritious These Choc-Mint Desserts Are!
Peppermint and chocolate are a match made in heaven, don’t you think?! And when you can create gorgeous mouth-watering little delights like these raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free Peppermint Cream Pies, that are actually good for you…..then you’re really in heaven!
The wonderful team at FoodMatters TV featured this recipe recently by Nicole Joy Inspire. The entire ingredient list is comprised of healthy, nutritious, guilt-free ingredients – its almost hard to believe when you see how decadent they look!
Prep Time: overnight | Make time: 45mins | Stand time: 8 hours
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder 2 Tbsp rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (+ extra for greasing)
- 3 drops essential peppermint oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews (soaked overnight) – rinsed well 1 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup coconut water + extra
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 drops essential peppermint oil
To Make Crust
- Process all ingredients until crumbly and no large chunks remain. Pinch the mixture together between your fingers – if it holds it shapes it’s the right consistency. If not, add 1 Tbsp of cold water at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Grease the bases and sides of 4 x 10 cm spring form tins with the extra coconut oil and press crust down evenly, ensuring the bottom and sides are covered. Place in the freezer while you prepare the peppermint cream.
To Make Peppermint Cream
- Blend all ingredients, starting with 3⁄4 cup coconut water, until smooth. Gradually add extra coconut water until the entire mixture is smooth and churning consistently. You may need to regularly stop the blender and scrape down the sides with a spatula to allow for a well combined mixture. Taste. Sweet enough? Enough peppermint? Adjust if desired.
- Remove the prepared bases from the freezer and pour the peppermint cream evenly into each one. Return to the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight for best results.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Best kept in the freezer until needed. Will keep in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.
Tip: For choc-peppermint ice cream cakes, drizzle over the chocolate topping before freezing and only let soften for 5 – 10 minutes before serving
Recipe & featured image from: Food Matters TV