This Ridiculously Easy Delicious & Nutritious Meal Requires Only A Knife & A Blender!
Some of our favourite meals are those that combine ‘nutritious’ and ‘quick and easy’ with ‘virtually no washing up’.
This meal takes only 12-13 minutes to make – tick!
This refreshing chilled soup from Bobby Parrish at Flavour City is packed full of fresh, nourishing fruits and vegetables – tick, tick!
Made entirely in a blender (tick, tick, tick!), enjoy right away or let the flavours intensify in the fridge for a few hours or over night for extra flavour punch.
The recipe uses heirloom tomatoes (which means grown from seeds that are at least 50 years old) but regular tomatoes can be used instead if you can’t get heirlooms.
Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with Honeydew Melon
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes (regular Tomatoes work fine also)
- 1 orange pepper seeded and quartered
- 1-1.5 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1-2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 red onion, peeled & cut in large chunks
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded & chopped roughly
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp each of fresh dill, flat-leaf parsley, & basil
- ½ Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp Crème Fraiche or feta cheese
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes for a few seconds until they break down, add the orange pepper, honeydew, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, red onion, cucumber, garlic, S&P, and herbs. Puree in blender until desired consistency…I like it a bit chunky.
- Give it a taste and adjust S&P or lemon juice if needed. Garnish with a dollop or crème fraiche or some crumbled cheese.
Recipe & image source: Flavour City