This 5 Ingredient Combo Will Boost Your Energy, Hydration & Immune System
If you’re new to matcha, it is powdered green tea (in Japanese “ma” means powder and “cha” means tea) which an incredibly versatile ingredient and is easy to obtain in any health food store, Asian grocer or online.
Matcha has many health benefits attributed to the rich nutrient profile of the green tea it is derived from. It is high in antioxidants, is calming for the brain, increases energy and endurance, burns calories, detoxifies the body and so much more!
Add to that the rest of these nutrient packed, healthy ingredients and you’ve got yourself an amazing super food smoothie to help you take on the most challenging of days! Whip out the blender and enjoy!
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop of plant-based protein
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint leaves (about 1/3 cup loosely packed)
- 1 big handful of baby spinach (about 3/4 cup loosely packed)
- 1-2 drops of mint essential oil (optional, but it makes a stronger mint flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A small pinch of pink Himalayan salt (brings out flavors and sweetness, adds minerals)
- Desired amount of ice
- Top with 1-2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- Put the coconut water, chia seeds, protein powder and matcha into the blender, allow to soak 3 minutes.
- Add in the mint, spinach, essential oil, vanilla, pinch of salt, blend to combine.
- Add in ice to make your desired thickness, blend. Pour into glass, top with raw cacao nibs.
Source: Mind Body Green