This Recipe Makes Zucchini A Whole New Kind Of Delicious!
The cheesy herby goodness in this super simple recipe will make zucchini (courgette) your new addiction! Who doesn’t love roasted vegetables? And with this flavour combo from Chungah at Dam Delicious, and roasted to perfection you’ll wonder why you haven’t known about this before!
To get you excited here’s a few fun facts about zucchini’s
- Zucchini is a fruit, not a vegetable.
- The word “zucchini” comes from the Italian word for squash, “zucca”
- Zucchini contains more potassium than bananas.
- One zucchini has only 25 calories (in comparison, a baked potato has 130 calories).
- They are rich in vitamin C and manganese.
- It has anti-oxidant benefits but mostly in the skin – so leave the skin on!
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with non-stick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Source: Damn Delicious